RFP 2019-3: Industrial Bio-medicine Research and Development onboard the ISS NATIONAL LABORATORYArchived
ISS National Laboratory flight experiments to enable biomedical advancements from scientific research to industrial or clinical application
15 Jan 202012:00
RFP 2019-3: INDUSTRIAL BIOMEDICINE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ONBOARD THE ISS NATIONAL LABORATORY
RFP open period: 08/1/2019 – 08/03/2020
The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to solicit project concepts that propose use of the ISS National Laboratory for investigations in the field of industrial biomedicine. Investigators associated with any U.S.-based institution (academic, government, commercial, or nonprofit) may propose ISS National Laboratory flight experiments to enable biomedical advancements with a defined pathway for translation from scientific research to industrial or clinical applications, such as new therapeutics, medical procedures, or diagnostic devices.
Proposed flight experiment types may include but are not limited to:
- Translational or applied research within the medical, biotechnology, biophysics, or pharmaceutical sectors that leverages and advances known science as part of product development.
- Biotechnology design, demonstration, development, and testing with direct terrestrial applications or applications within long-term spaceflight R&D programs that support terrestrial advancements in healthcare or biomedical research.
- Fundamental biomedical investigations to establish clear parameters regarding the effects of microgravity within R&D areas with expected market demand for long-term spaceflight R&D programs.
This RFP will follow a two-step proposal submission process. Before being invited to submit a full proposal, all interested investigators must first complete and submit for review a Step 1 Concept Summary.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
View frequently asked questions regarding RFP 2019-3.
View informative webinar videos regarding RFP 2019-3.
Step 1.1: Download RFP 2019-3 and Required Step 1 Forms
- Please complete the form below and press the "download" button to receive the RFP document and required Step 1 forms.
- Concept Summaries may be submitted and will be received, evaluated, and potentially approved continuously during the RFP open period. Periodic Concept Summary submission cutoff dates (noted below) will be solely established and announced by the ISS National Laboratory, and any concept summaries accepted prior to the published cutoff date will be invited to submit full proposals.
- Concept Summary submission cutoff dates:
- Submission Period A: 09/30/2019
- Submission Period B: 01/15/2020 (Active)
- Submission Period C: 05/01/2020
Step 1.2: Concept Summary Submission
- To upload and submit a Step 1 Concept Summary, press the "Click to Submit" button below. Please convert your document to a PDF prior to uploading.
- CLICK TO SUBMIT
- Please note: You will not receive confirmation of receipt of your Concept Summary.
Step 2.1: Download Step 2 Required Forms (Invitation Only)
- Only those who submitted and received a favorable review from a Step 1 Concept Summary will be invited to submit a Step 2 Full Proposal.
- The ISS National Laboratory will notify all offerors of the review results of their Step 1 Concept Summary.
- Download Step 2 Required Forms
- Full proposal development periods for invited Step 2 Full Proposals:
- Submission Period A: 09/30/2019 - 01/06/2020 (Active)
- Submission Period B: 01/15/2020 - 04/15/2020
- Submission Period C: 05/01/2020 - 08/03/2020
Step 2.2: Full Proposal Submission
- If you were invited to submit a Step 2 Full Proposal, upload your submission by pressing the "Click to Submit" button below. Please convert your document to a PDF prior to uploading.
CLICK TO SUBMIT
ISS US National Laboratory
Summary: An elearning module - Psychology in Extremes
Summary: The London Space Network hosts regular events for space professionals in conjunction with SGAC